Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Great News

Today my dad, Rayanne and I met with the Melanoma Foundation of New England . They have taken our walk-a-thon on board! Donations for the walk-a-thon will be made to the Melanoma Foundation of New England which means a great deal. Corporate matching gifts can be applied, as well as all the donations are tax deductable.
Now the real work begins. “Terry’s Walk” will need volunteers, sponsors and most importantly, WALKERS! We will be forming our committee and delegating responsibilities shortly. If you wish to volunteer, please e-mail me (melanoma_green@yahoo.com). Registration forms are being designed and will be available soon.

2 comments:

~Kat~ said...

you know I'm on board... count me in!

Rebecca said...

My name is Rebecca, I lost my husband 5 years ago to Melanoma. I was 32 years old at the time, left with 2 boys Brenden now 11y.o and Connor now 8. My oldest son and I have been wanting to do a walk for melanoma and began searching last year. Well this year we made it in enough time, to JOIN the walk "Setting the Sun for Melanoma" and we are so excited and we can not wait! Rebecca and Brenden